Running Flow is finally here. Here's what some leading authorities have to say:
Happy New Year from the Running Syndicate!
2016 was a banner year for The Running Syndicate. Top accomplishments include:
- Tyler Pake winning the Three Bridges Marathon
- Aaron Saft (Innov8) winning the 6-race Beast Ultra Series in Virginia and placing 2nd overall at the Grindstone 100-miler in his debut. He also placed second at the 125-kilometer Canadian Death Race.
- Brenae Edwards recording a 1:20 half marathon en route to a 2nd place finish at the French Broad Half
- Coach Philip Latter winning Western North Carolina's cross country coach of the year honors after his Brevard Blue Devils repeated as girls' state champions. He also coached the individual boys' champion, Noah Graham, and had 4 athletes earn All-State honors (top-10 performance).
- Maarten DeMaeyer breaking 34:00 in the 10K for the first time during two consecutive races
- Leia Lautzenheiser running 1:25 at the hilly Hokie Half in October
- Running Syndicate membership quadrupling from 2015.
In addition to those accomplishments, several Syndicate runners PRed in distances from the marathon to the Half Ironman distance.
2017 got off to a great start as well, with new Syndicate member Gabbie Hoekstra winning a New Years half marathon in her first competition in several years.